Set up in February 2018, Derbyshire Distillery in Chesterfield had one simple aim: ‘to produce fantastic gins, vodkas and liqueurs using the best local and international ingredients and fresh, cool Derbyshire water.’
Using a combination of traditional copper alembic stills and a state-of-the-art Genio Still, they create beautifully crafted, small batch spirits, whose demand continues to grow across Derbyshire and the Peak District. As well as becoming the gin of choice for many hotels, restaurants and bars, their range is also available at the Chatsworth Farm Shop.
Derbyshire Distillery is the first commercial distillery in Chesterfield, a fact they are so proud of they named their first gins after it! Their range of gins include:
- Derbyshire Dry Gin The Master Blend: The flagship product from Derbyshire Distillery, The Master Blend marries botanicals from the earthy Bleaklow gin blend and the floral Lathkill gin blend, from the same distillery. A well-balanced and complex gin; juniper at the fore, with floral meadow flowers and citrus alongside a robust earthiness and dark, jammy berries.
- Chesterfield Dry Gin: A delightful London Dry gin, juniper led with a delicious smooth finish. Its botanicals include juniper, coriander, angelica, orris root, cassia bark, ginger, cardamom and hibiscus.
- Chesterfield Pomegranate: With a base of Chesterfield Original Dry Gin, Chesterfield Pomegranate is a lovely fruit-forward gin. The distilled pomegranate imparts a fruity depth, alongside traditional botanicals, such as juniper, coriander and cardamom.
- Chesterfield Lemon Sherbert: Chesterfield Lemon Sherbert gin is a zesty and sweet tipple, with a base of Chesterfield Dry Gin, featuring botanicals including juniper, coriander, angelica, orris root, cassia bark, ginger, cardamom, hibiscus and a lot of lemon.
- Chesterfield Strawberry Candy Floss Gin: Strawberry juiciness, balancing juniper bite and a hearty whack of candy floss brightness all work together wonderfully.
If this sounds appetising to you, then you can go and find them at the Gin & Rum Festival at The Roundhouse in Derby on the 21st September and treat yourself.
Unit 2 Silver House,
CALL: 07395 812226